Now at Atrium Physical Therapy!
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill –
the Next Step in Your Physical Therapy Treatment:
- Rehab after surgery or injury of your hip, knee, ankle, or foot.
- Continue training while your injury heals.
- Use the Video Monitoring System for visual feedback while using the system.
- Your confidence and motivation will reach new highs!
- For neurologic patients, we can do gait training with your body stabilized, without a risk of falling.
- Exercise with less body weight on your hips, knees, and feet – especially valuable for people on weight control and reduction programs.
- Older patients: AlterG will enhance your strength and conditioning program!
The AlterG Advantage in Fitness and Sports Training:
- Run faster through neuromuscular training (Overspeed Training)
- Walk or run at different paces and intensity throughout a workout (Interval Training)
- Recover from hard training sessions and/or decrease high impact stress (Cross Training)
- Maintain cardiovascular fitness when recovering from an injury
- Prevent over-use and chronic injuries normally associated with the impact of running and walking
- We offer the use of the AlterG to our patients as well as athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
The Benefit of Aquatic Therapy, Without the Wet Suit!
- More convenient by avoiding the mess of water
- Improve your privacy by avoiding the need to wear a swim suit
- More functional since you maintain normal gait, stride length, bounding, leg kick and body positioning
- The AlterG has the ability to decrease your body weight by as much as 80%, in 1% increments, so it can more precisely un-weight your body
- The pressurized chamber stabilizes the body so tethers or harnesses aren’t needed
Approved by the FDA as a medical device, the AlterG is a high-tech treadmill developed by NASA. It uses a differential air pressure regulation system, which surrounds the user and lifts them up to reduce ground reaction and lower body impact forces during weight bearing exercise. The AlterG can reduce the weight of the user by as much as 80% (in precise 1% increments). People who use the AlterG say that it is like “running on air.”
- User weight range: From 85-400 pounds
- User height range: From 4’6″-6’8″
- User age limits: None
- Speed: 1-12 MPH, in .1 MPH increments, 3 MPH in reverse
- Incline Range: 0-15%